A very well put together programme with excellent locations, smooth travel arrangements and decent, clean hotels. Lovely bunch of fellow travellers on the trip
- What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
Machu Picchu was absolutely amazing depite all we'd read and seen about it.
Also got a great thrill seeing Condors and Colca Canyon.
Sand surfing was also quite an experience......brilliant.
Loved Reed Islands...lovely people, warm welcome, unique experience.
Optional trip to Sacred Valley was very good.
We enjoyed most of the other experiences too!!!!
- What did you think of your group leader?
Rene was diligent, conscientious, thoughtful and caring. He was always available to answer questions and sort out problems.
Nothing was too much trouble. Rene was kind and considerate to those suffering altitude sickness or other illnesses on the trip.
He is extremely knowledgeable and added interest to everywhere we visited.
Rene took us to/or recommended a very good range of restaurants for lunches/dinners.
Overall, he certainly went the extra mile....a big thanks to him, he was marvellous.
- Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
- Not really. Your trip notes are very good and if folk follow your recommendations they should be fine.
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
1) For the day 7 visit to Machu Picchu, it might be an idea to recommend people to either buy their lunch the previous evening to eat on the train or to buy some food on the train. This will save around an hour or more, thus enabling extra time at Machu Picchu that afternoon after the guided tour has finished. This will avoid getting up early the next morning to spend time on your own, (although, of course, some people will still wish to do this to see the sunrise etc.).
2) Maybe a good, legible map of all cities visited should be handed out...particularly for Cusco. The small map available at the hotel was very hard to read.