A totally wicked full-to-the brim holiday.
- What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
The whole group making it to the top of Dead Women's Pass, and all the way to the Sun Gate.
The view from the Sun Gate down to Macchu Picchu was surreal - but well worth all the effort!
Seeing how everyday people in Peru live gave me much more insight than a "normal" holiday would have done.
- What did you think of your group leader?
Our group leader Carlos was absolutely brilliant! He looked after us perfectly, giving us enough freedom when we needed some space, but always being there if we needed any advice or help. He also tailored our trip to perfection, and was able to "read" the wishes of the group.
A very good asset for Exodus to have!
- Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
- Don't worry too much about the altitude. The aclimatisation days (and advice to stay off alcohol!) work a treat, even if some of the walking has to be done at a slower rate than you may be used to...
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
I had an incredible holiday - perfect in the amount of activity and "off" time. The camping on the Inca Trail was good fun, and the food delicious - how can two men achieve that with just a double ring calor gas stove?
The complimentary activities (for me, the Trail was the main draw) were interesting and fun, meaning, unfortunately, the time flew by.
A great holiday that I thoroughly recommend!